Friday

Peace in the storm

"It takes much building and rebuilding to establish a kingdom", said my youngest son. I had just lost months and months of work on my blog site, all accidently overritten in a moment of madness. My initial reaction was a mixture of sadness and anger. Even the postings had gone and that really saddened me, for each post represented a priceless moment of reflection. It was also just another brick in the wall, another setback amongst so many in a long journey with God.

I did not understand Daniel's counsel at first, but then my 12 year old added, "Dad, Israel was given to the Jews, yet it rose and fell, sometimes to the level of a smouldering ruin. It was attacked again and again and again, especially Jerusalem. But they carried on building it anyway."

Indeed, the Jews returned like ants to the nest, determined to secure their heritage. God also built up and then tore down, until they got it right. No wonder the Arabs are finding the Jews so intractable today - they never truly fought for that land, which to the Jews is as a child to its mother.

Your own struggles might reflect steps forward and sometimes even more steps back, as you advance and fall back, but still advance, for so you must, until you find,

(c) Peter Eleazar @ http://www.4u2live.net/
Image: Rembrandt's, Christ in the storm on the sea of Galillee

No comments: