Monday

Suspicious minds

I had to get some groceries and heard Elvis singing, "suspicious minds". I rocked and rolled down the aisles ejoying the delightful melody and the rhythm of his music, but then got to thinking about the lyrics.

We're caught in a trap, I can't walk out, because I love you too much baby
Why can't you see, what you're doing to me, when you don't believe a word I say?
We can't go on together, with suspicious minds
And we can't build our dreams, on suspicious minds

In my own long journey with God I have steadily moved to a place where I see grace for what it is, Grace. The complications resulting from my world views, my mindsets and my prejudices are slowly giving way to a simple faith - God is the real deal, He is who He said He is. The problem though is we just cannot go on with suspicious minds. How can our relationship with Him ever become real and transformative if we can't believe a single word He says.

We just cannot build anything on suspicious minds. Faith is all He asks us to give in response to His boundless grace, but without it, we "will not see it" - the promises that is.


(c) Peter Eleazar @ www.4u2live.net

No comments: