Tuesday

Fallen

One of my favorite singers is Sarah McClachlin, who must have one of the purest voices I have heard. She sings a haunting ballad, called Fallen, which has such powerful lyrics. For those in great crisis, she sings words of hope ....

Heaven bent to take my hand - and lead me through the fire
Be the long awaited answer - To a long and painful fight


She also reflects such honesty in her crisis ...

Truth be told I've tried my best - but somewhere along the way ...
I got caught up in all there was to offer - and the cost was so much more than I could bear





Though I've tried, I've fallen ... I have sunk so low
I have messed up - better I should know
So don't come round here - and tell me I told you so ...

But she finds meaning as she faces up to reality ...

We all begin with good intent - love was raw and young
We believed that we could change ourselves - the past could be undone
But we carry on our backs the burden - time always reveals
The lonely light of morning - the wound that would not heal
It's the bitter taste of losing everything - that I have held so dear


In a world that has anaethetised reality and denied its own crises, it is sobering to hear such words remind us - but better yet, be reminded that Jesus knows that reality and has bent down to take your hand.
She describes her sadness, but pushes away condascension ...

(c) Peter Eleazar @ www.4u2live.net

No comments: